Monday, September 19, 2011

Guestroom progress

Happy Monday my friends!

 I caught up on lots-o-projects this weekend! Can't wait to share them all!

In an earlier blog I described what I was working with in regards to our guest room. ( Pic above)

So...I set out to update it a bit! It needed some color and some decent looking accessories ASAP!

I recycled and old frame and that sweet pirate picture that I showed you in an earlier post and set out to make a memory board. I covered the painting in cork and then picked up some fun fabric from Hobby Lobby to finish it off.

I cut the fabric roughly to the size of the canvas/ cork board and pulled it tight before fastening it with a staple gun on the backside of the canvas.

Here is my new memory board in it's new spot in the guest room. I am debating on if I should mount the memory board or just keep it leaning in the nightstand? I still need to get some cute tacks for it!:) The room STILL needs some more detail and color...but this is a start! The entire nightstand/ memory board cost me a whopping $45! It feels so good to be able to re-use items and oh yeah...save some cash!

Have a great week!

Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment