Hello!
I have been busy TRYING to put together some pieces for our guest room. We are basically using Jeff's left over furniture from his apartment days...it WREAKS of bachelor pad. There are several black pieces...black curtains, black headboard, black bed spread and smokin' hot black glider chair! GLORIOUS...I know!
We decided the best way to work with what we already had was to go for a industrial/ city scape type of theme, but were seriously laking in materials to make that idea work!
Enter...The Nightstand...dom...dom...dom...
I have been busy TRYING to put together some pieces for our guest room. We are basically using Jeff's left over furniture from his apartment days...it WREAKS of bachelor pad. There are several black pieces...black curtains, black headboard, black bed spread and smokin' hot black glider chair! GLORIOUS...I know!
We decided the best way to work with what we already had was to go for a industrial/ city scape type of theme, but were seriously laking in materials to make that idea work!
Enter...The Nightstand...dom...dom...dom...
While you can't tell from the picture below...this nightstand once housed Jeff's salt water fish tank as well as a bunch of random and somewhat disturbing items. It was an oak cabinet that had been stained a dark cherry color.
I had to work on this bad boy little by little. I took my handy dandy electric sander to it and stripped it down to bare wood. It had SEVERAL dents and scratches that I then had to putty...before re-sanding. After the entire thing was stripped I set out to Westlake to pick up some primer, paint and protective top coat.
I opted to go with Rust-Oleum...flat gray and Hammered metal to create the 2 toned industrial look.
I am pretty happy with it!
I still have to figure out exactly where I want to put it in the room...but I am very happy with the way it turned out! I am also worked on creating a memory board to match it. You can see that I also chose to spray it with the same hammered metallic paint.
This frame once held this timeless pirate painting below...such a shame to see it scrapped! ( She says dripping with sarcasm)
I will post a picture as soon as this little project is done!
Happy Hump Day!




AWESOME...this is 100x better!!! I remember the way it looked before and can't believe it's the same cabinet!! LOVE your blog so keep up the fun post please!!! :~)
ReplyDelete